Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate a daily commitment to Madonna Manor’s values of Reverence, Service, and Stewardship. The candidate will be dependable with outstanding leadership skills.
Department: Skilled Nursing
Shift: FT- 3rd shift PRN-All shifts
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Promotes the values and practices of Person-Centered Care throughout daily life in the household.
- Encourages and assists all residents in achieving spiritual well-being and an optimum quality of life.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within the facility to ensure that nursing services and activities can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit/shift.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility, written policies and procedures established by this facility.
- Assist physicians in reviewing resident treatment regime. Ensure physician orders are appropriately carried out according to policies and procedures governing the facility.
- Order prescribed medications, supplies, and equipment as necessary, and in accordance with established policies. Ensure that narcotics are counted each shift and are accurate.
- Demonstrate ability to chart on all residents receiving acute or skilled care.
Using Optimus provide thorough documentation of residents’ status on a shift to shift basis in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of your shift as required. (e.g., 24 hour report sheets)
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with our established procedures.
- Administer professional services such as catheterization, tube feedings, suction; applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy and drainage bags, etc.