The Dining Attendant provides table service to residents, guests and staff.
Department: Dietary/Food Service
Reports to: Food Service Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Uses diet cards and menus correctly.
- Serves correct diet for each resident served.
- Checks diet and menu to insure changes in meal plans are followed.
- Reports resident requests for foods not on their meal plan to management.
- Responds to requests for special meal needs.
- Provides menu items to residents and keeps department informed when menus do not match posted menu.
- Performs serving duties in dining rooms or for tray delivery.
- Assists in seating arrangement of residents.
- Serves beverages at the beginning of the meal.
- Serves food as indicated from resident selections.
- Insures appearance, quality and temperature are acceptable from steam table to point of service.
- Buses and resets tables for next meal.
- Insures hot foods remain hot and cold foods remain cold, until the point of service.
- Serves only nine meals at a time.
- Covers all food when transporting.
- Keeps all cold foods iced or refrigerated.
- Serves food promptly after leaving steam table.
- Takes temperatures using correct procedures and can calibrate a thermometer.
- Performs sanitation procedures correctly.
- Performs cleaning in kitchens, workstations and assigned cleaning duties.
- Uses correct cleaning solutions.
- Wears gloves as required, wears apron and hair net, adheres to jewelry and fingernail standards and washes hands often and between duties.
- Insures table and chairs are cleaned daily.
- Does not touch face, hair or other areas while working in dining area or kitchen.
- Setup and cleaning responsibilities.
- Performs cleaning from daily cleaning assignment sheet.
- Keeps serving carts clean.
- Cleans equipment after each use.
- Helps set up in any dining room and insures supplies are adequate for set up needs.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Dining Attendant shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, service and stewardship) of St. Leonard and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental and safety policies, rules and regulations.
St. Leonard has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Dining Attendant from time to time without prior notice.