Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and our Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community.
Our dedicated health care professionals at CHI Franciscan Villa are committed to the patient-centered model and work to maintain a safe and secure environment while providing as many comforts of home as possible.
Franciscan Villa’s mission-driven philosophy of providing a continuum of care is guided by our core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence.
As an Activities Assistant you will provide group and 1:1 activities and recreational programs that are meaningful and appropriate for our residents.
- Assists residents as assigned in working on craft projects, recreational programs, and social activities to meet their abilities and needs.
- Plans, leads, and conducts resident activity groups and sensory exercises, and 1:1 programming.
- Prepares calendar of daily events and posts them in specific areas as assigned.
- Documents residents' attendance and participation in programs.
- Escorts residents to and from recreational programs.
- Assists in the planning of activity groups and special events.
- Reports to Activity Director any unusual behavior or change in resident condition.
- Sets up areas for activity programs and maintains a safe environment.
- Responsible for care needs of facility pets as directed.
- Assists in decorations for special events.
- Informs Activity Director of needed supplies.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services as appropriate
- Completes activity documentation as assigned by Activity Director to include Activity Assessments and quarterly progress notes.
- Communicates requests to appropriate departments for services that may be needed to plan and conduct activity programs.
- Maintains reliable attendance in accordance with Franciscan Villa's attendance policy.
- Must be responsible for knowledge and safe use of equipment used to do essential job functions and must request further orientation/instruction if needed.
- Must report any inappropriate or unsafe activity noted by coworkers,
residents, clients and/or visitors.
- Maintains strict code of confidentiality regarding residents/ clients, resident families, and private employee matters.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous experience in Activity Programming desirable.
A pre-placement health assessment, including a drug screening and background check, is required. CHI Franciscan Villa is an equal opportunity employer.